3D water jet cutting
What exactly do we mean with 3D cutting or 5-axis cutting?
This indicates that a spatial environment is involved.
The cutting head can move in X,Y,Z direction, turn aroud its own axis from -360° till +360°, and twist from +90 till -90° .
The 3D machine at L&D is notable in the Benelux because of its dimensions. This machine can cut in both 2D and 3D in flat plates, voluminous products and pipes.
Dimensions that can be cut.
- Flat plates with maximum dimensions of 6000 x 4000 x 400 mm.
- 3D parts with maximum dimension of 6000 x 4000 x 1450 mm.
- Pipes with max. length 6000 mm to diameters of 1000 mm.
- Pipes with maximum length 1000 mm and diameter 3000 mm.
The water cutting technique can be used on many materials.
- Metals: Stainless steel, ordinary steel, Hardox, copper, brass, aluminium, titanium, etc.
- Carbon, PEEK en glass fibre reinforced materials
- Synthetic materials: Delrin, acrylate, polycarbonate, PVC, etc.
- Wood: Plywood, wood, parquet floor, etc.
- Foam: Ethafoam, etc
- Rubber: Polyurethane, etc.
- Glass: various kinds of glass and mirrors
- Stone: granite, marble, ceramics, etc.