2D cutting with 6000 bar
What exactly do we mean with 6000 bar?
Normally cutting takes place with pressures adjustable from 0 to max. 3500 bar depending on the material type and thickness. But we go a step further, with a 2D cutter head adjustable between 0 - 6000 bar.
What are the influence on cutting speeds and material thicknesses and types?
- The total cutting time is considerably reduced when a higher pressure (max. 6000 bar) is used as cutting can take place more quickly with no effect on quality.
- Practically all materials can be cut.
- Material thicknesses: steel to 400 mm, titanium to 300 mm.
- Material cutting losses are low.
Applications for 6000 bar cutting:
- for prototypes in thick and/or hard materials.
- For single-piece orders in thicknesses greater than 20/30 mm